"We never know the worth of water till the well is dry"
- Thomas Fuller
- Thomas Fuller
New Year~ New You!
Now that it's a new year, I am highly motivated to change certain bad habits.
I've already conquered these... Maybe you can too!
These are 5 REALLY simple things you can do to help save the planet, and save you money!
It's really easy to do, makes a big difference, and can easily become a good habit!
JUST DO IT!
1. Use Compact Fluorescent Lightbulbs (CFL):
CFL's use up to 75% less energy (which means a lower electric bill!), Last up to 10x longer, and Provide the same light at lower wattages.
They cost more when you buy them, but will cost you less in the long run.
* You need to dispose of them by recycling (but it will be YEARS later) because they contain trace amounts of mercury (less than a thermometer), but can do damage to the environment.
Turn the D*** Lights Off!
3. Change the temperature 2-3 degrees:
Wear a cozy sweater! Snuggle under a blanket. Cuddle with someone you love (or are attracted to!). Buy an ugly SNUGGIE if you have to! But turning down the heat even a few degrees makes a huge difference (to the environment and your wallet!)
Read HERE for more ways to save on heating costs
Americans waste sooo much water. Think of the Africans that have to walk miles and miles to get some dirty water =*(
- If you have children, speak to the directors and encourage them to recycle. All the Pre-Schools I worked at never recycled, so I would do it myself. They go through soooo much plastic, and Paper! And if your office/work place doesn't recycle, talk to them... or start it on your own!
- Save your old paper and use it as scrap to jot down notes and lists.
These are the simplest things you can do... and it REALLY does make a difference!
Start with these simple tips and you'll be amazed at how easy it was and how you should have done them a long time ago!
Two words people: Global Warming. Hello... Did u not think this summer's weather was crazy? It rained almost everyday! That's not normal!...
OK... before I go into a whole schpeal... I hope you take these tips into account and make them a part of your life.
We only have one Earth, people. Take care of it!
*~ Have a Beautiful Day! ~*