Tuesday, January 26, 2010

T.V. Shows To Watch



I've decided I'm going to learn how to budget. Best way for me.... Don't leave the apartment.
As I've mentioned before, I have a shopping problem.  Doesn't matter where I go... I can spend a ton of money.

So what is a girl to do when confining herself to her apartment?  Well, this girl attempts to clean her notoriously messy room (What can I say... I have a lot of stuff...) while watching t.v. (computer).
Here are my recent picks and favorites!

Being Erica- I recently came upon this show on Hulu.  It's kind of similar to "The Butterfly Effect" and "Back to the Future"... from a girl's persepective.  Erica's life kinda sucks when we meet her and she has a lot of regrets.  She meets the myserious Dr. Tom, who has the ability to send Erica back in time to correct her "mistakes".  It has a good storyline, good actors, and is a fun show to watch that can make you reflect on your own life.  Lots of old 90's music you probably forgot about. Season 2 just started airing on the Soap Network





Modern Family- "One big (straight, gay, multi-cultural, traditional) happy family". This show is sooo funny. My friend Daidan told me about it, and he's got great taste in shows.  This show tells the story of 3 different families.  Jay (Al Bundy) is the Father who remarried a hot younger Latina with a son. He also has 2 children of his own. Mitchell is the straight-laced gay newly adopted father of a little Asian baby (so cute!). His partner Cameron is HILARIOUS~ Love him. The other family is Claire- mother of 3.  Her husband may be my favorite character~ The father who only wants to please and so naive.  Watch this show!!!


Kitchen Confidential- Hot guys. Delicious Food. Fast and Witty Banter.  Did I mention hot guys?  What else could you ask for?  This show is based on Chef Anthony Bourdain's best-selling book "Kitchen Confidential."  The Beautiful Bradley Cooper (Panda's BF) plays Jack Bourdain... a former addict (drugs/alcohol/women) who becomes the head chef for Nolita.  It gives a background to what goes on behind the kitchen.
The show also stars John Cho (Yay for Asians on TV!), James King, Xander from Buffy, the young brother from Freaks and Geeks, and a few other people you'll recognize. This show is very quick-paced... very New York.  Unfortunately it was cancelled after 13 episodes (FOX~ YOU SUCK!), but it was great while it lasted. 

So... if you too are staying in and vegging out, check out these fabulous shows.  It's free, entertaining, and probably better than spending $100 on drinks and getting hit on by gross guys/girls. Enjoy!

*~ Have a Beautiful Day! ~*


No comments:

Post a Comment