Thursday, December 31, 2009

My Life in '09


" Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today"  
-James Dean 

2009 has been an amazing year.  Here is my life the past year. It's long and written more for me... but if you're bored and have a lot of time on your hands, this is my life in a (very big) nutshell. ~*

Travel:
* Fly to L.A. for a wedding, go on a bus tour through Grand Canyon/Giant Canyon/ Bryce Canyon to Las Vegas with my grandma.  Hilarious.  My grandmother is quite the pisser. 
* Seneca Lake- Wine Tastings, Jumping into the frigid lake (to earn $30 for the orphans in Africa. Thanks Scott!), BBQs, and an intense game of Truth or Dare. So much fun!
* Home for one day, then it's off for a week to Honduras with London Susan.  Awesome trip.  We went to Copan (Mayan Ruins), La Ceiba (OMG.. Get us out of here! Immediately!), Roatan (Ahhhh.. the food. the beaches), and the Rainforest.  Great trip!
* Out to Africa! Asante Kenya!  Amazing amazing experience with Foundation for Peace and the By Grace Orphange.  After 2 weeks of work work work, it's time to play with the animals on safari.  Fun for 2 days and I'm ready to get back home!
* Virginia with Veronica to see Lady Gaga!  Sooo worth the 5 hour car ride!
* Bienvenido a Miami!  Artist Summit for 3 days.  Day long workshops (and shopping) where I learned sooo much and asked sooo many questions (Sorry TPG speakers!)  I also met my favorite beauty blogger Christina Farrell- "Wait, are you the Makeup Blogger?!?"  =)  Fun with Silvia on the beach (at night)!
Love Life:
* First time really doing the dating thing (vs. the relationship thing).  My theme song from January to April was "Boys Boys Boys" by Lady Gaga.  They were cute. They were funny. I never heard from them again.  Apparently, I suck at dating.  =T
* My theme song is now "
Merry Happy" by Kate Nash.  I'm happy being single, doing whatever I want to do, and not stressing out about guys.  Never settle for less... Wait for the best!
Career:
* Started the year helping out Frankie at Slidewayz Motorsports as the secretary. 2nd time around was much better.  Answer phones, Keep the place clean, and Entertain the guests. It really was perfect for me!
* My boss Pam hired me to work at Past and Present Consignment Store.  No savings from here, but I have FABULOUS clothes and accessories!!!
* Attended Empire Beauty School with my sensei Orlando Santiago.  He's the bestest, and our class was awesome!  Most memorable parts of beauty school: Winning 2nd place in the Glamour Contest (and winning green eyeshadow!), Being Orlando's model for Airbrushing with my huge feather lashes, Jiggity Baba's on St. Patrick's Day, and my impromptu subway "Pole Dance" for everyone on our way to Make Up Forever Studio.  So much fun~ I miss you girlies!* Freelancing, Photoshoots, Fashion Shows, Face Painting. Hustle Hustle Hustle.  So tiring... but I LOVE what I do!
* Josie Maran Cosmetics called ME and offered me a job because I was referred by
Emily Kate Warren, a fabulous makeup artist I met at a Fashion Show.  Thank you Emily! Thank you Josie!  Wherever the future may lead, I will be forever grateful for giving me such a great opportunity!

Friendships and the Amazing People I've Met:
* My friends are getting engaged and married left and right! Congrats to John Oppa/Irene (#2), Jeeae/Danny, Jenn/James, Joyce/David, Grace/Kyle and most importantly... my Best Friend SUSAN and JOSH!  THANK GOD YOU FINALLY DID IT, Josh !!!! I don't know how many more times I can sing "Peace on Earth" to you guys!
I'm so happy for all of you! May your love be pure, fun, and ever-lasting!  I wish you all the best.  And I'm the best third wheel if you ever need me to ease the tension  ;)  haha
* I met so many amazing people in the Beauty Biz.  Everyone at the Powder Group is so amazing, funny, and talented! Check out the work of James Vincent, Jon Henessy (Who has the most soothing yoga voice! haha), Orlando Santiago, Kevin James Bennett, Christina Farrell, Daven Mayeda, David Klasfeld, and Eve Pearl.  They are the best of the best and I feel honored to have been able to meet, learn, and drive them crazy with my endless questions! All  brought together by the hilarious and absolutely fabulous Michael DeVellis!  Thank you for the tips, tricks, and laughs I've gotten from all of you!* My Empire Ladies~ You girls are wonderful people, makeup artists, and friends.  May we all climb to the top together!
* To the boys I've dated... Thanks for making me appreciate the people in my life (Haha.. Let's end the year being nice).  To my two ex-boyfriends Mike and Daidan~ I now really understand what good guys you were.  Thanks for having accepted me for who I am, Loving Me, and giving me hope to find love once again.
* Africa People- The people we worked with building the orphanage, The group from Foundation for Peace, The people of By Grace Orphanage (Hi Stephen and Rosemary!), our tour guides on Safari, the people we encountered throughout Nairobi, and especially the little children in the Mathare slums that would run up and say, "Hi! How are You~ ? I'm fine!", you will ALWAYS hold a special place in my heart.  I feel blessed to have been able to meet, work with, and get to know all of you.

Other Randomness:
* Sooo many housewarmings and parties at my fabulous apartment (6+).  I love playing hostess with the mostess!
* Yoga with the Michael Jordan Suite.  Quite funny. Very awesome.
* Gypsy lifestyle~ Sleeping in NY, Traveling the world, Passing out on my evil couch... Sigh... it ain't easy being a gypsy!
* I kissed a girl... Kelly the Giraffe to be exact


New Years Resolutions for 2010:
1. QUIT SMOKING!!!!!!!! If my chain-smoking a pack a day uncle can do it cold-turkey... so can I! 
2. Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise- Yoga and Exercise, Eat healthier food, Keep working hard to make the moolah, Read more books (and maybe a newspaper or two)
3. Makeup- Keep hustling, Finish my portfolio and get signed to an agency, Keep learning from the best!
4. Where in the world is Irene Kim- Last year was filled with lots of travel. It was awesome. May it be even better this year!
5.  Be the best Me I can Be- Keep doing my best. Don't settle.  Keep going when I want to give up. RELAX! Be understanding.  Hustle, Hustle, Hustle.... but Don't forget to slow down once in a while.
6.  Meet Mr. Perfect for Me- I'm going to meet my husband this year! Yup... And I think if I keep saying it... it'll happen  ;)

Happy New Year Everyone!  May you be blessed,  healthy, rich (in spirit...and wallet), joyful, and thankful. Have new adventures. Meet new people. Try new things.  You only have one life. Make the most of it!

Peace Out 2009!


*~ Have a Beautiful Year! ~*

No comments:

Post a Comment