Sunday, December 6, 2009

You ARGON-na Love Argon Oil


Back in my college days, I spent hours going through magazines and would put up pictures and ads I loved.  One picture I had on my blue wall at Rutgers was a Guess ad of Josie Maran.  Little did I know that almost 10 years later, I would be freelancing for her organic cosmetics line~!
(Side Note- Should I be putting up pictures of Robert Pattinson on my blue wall in Fort Lee so that we can make beautiful babies together?!?)

I'm so glad that I actually like her products because honesty is my policy, and I wouldn't be able to sell something I don't believe in.
Josie Maran Cosmetics promotes Luxury With A Conscience. It's a natural organic line, it has recyclable and biodegradable packing (made from corn  plastic that breaks down in 30 days!), and they source the Argan Oil from a women's co-op to help them socially and economically. And most importantly, the products are great for EVERYONE.


The first Josie Maran product I will be reviewing is my favorite: Argan Oil.  You may have heard about Moroccan Oil for hair.. but you can actually use this all over! It's like the next big thing in beauty news.
Now I know what you're thinking... I have really sensitive skin. I have oily skin. I have acne. How can you put oil on your face?  TRUST ME!
Once the oil sets in... it works miracles.  You're skin is SUPER DUPER soft and feels like a little Bubba  (baby)!

What it does: 
Josie Maran Argan Oil is a legendary oil that's rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, and grown organically in Morocco. Argan oil is known to have many treatment benefits, including hydrating and nourishing skin, as well as toning and firming. It's gentle enough to use on all skin types and is believed to help with skin conditions including acne.

I've only worked for Josie Maran 4 times to this day, and I was really nervous the first time I used it on people with oily skin and sensitive skin~ I have not had one person say this was too oily for them or irritating by the end of the makeover.
* If you already have a moisturizer you use, you can add a few drops to give you a boost of moisture
* Use it EVERYWHERE~ face, hair, body, cuticles, lips.... EV-RY-WHERE~*
* The smell can be a little strong (Some people love it, some people don't... ), but I swear, the smell goes away and you are left with pure softness.
* It can take a little while to sink in ( about 10-15 min. for people with oily skin)
* You don't need a lot of it  to make a difference (but I slather myself in it...)


For those who really can't stand oily products, they also have the Argan Oil Moisturizing Stick.
This is great for sticking in your purse/car or on the go.  You can use as lip balm and smooth it on your face when it feels dry mid-day.  Also can be rubbed on palms and ran through hair to get rid of fly aways and to add moisture.


What it does: 
Josie Maran's best-selling Argan Oil now comes in a stick form! This multi-purpose balm offers all the benefits of the nourishing oil, which includes anti-aging ingredients rich in fatty acids and vitamin E. A head-to-toe spot treatment for dry areas in need of moisture, this soothing balm conditions and repairs skin as it hydrates. Use it to moisturize chapped lips, soothe dry skin, tame fly aways, alleviate itching and stinging from insect bites, moisturize dry cuticles, relieve chafing skin, soothe stretch marks, calm sunburn, soothe waxed skin, and much, much more.

The first time I tried it, I was literally touching my face all night. My friend Angela finally had to shout, "OK IRENE! You're skin is soft!!! I get it!!!"  ;)  

For those that are wary and cautious... or don't trust me (WHAT?!?!), they also come in small sizes.  

It also comes in a bronzing formula.  It is a best-seller and gives you a beautiful glow all over your face or body, or just on your cheeks for a sun-kissed glow.
 


This is one of my favorite products... and that means a lot.  And if you can't wait to buy this awesome product, make sure you go and buy it when I'm working at Sephora!   (hee hee.. which is why I'm being sneaky and NOT putting up a link!)     ;)


Retail Price:
Argan Oil: 
0.5 oz- $14
1.7 oz- $48
Bronzing Argan Oil: $52
Argan Oil Moisturizing Stick:
.12 oz- $6  (HELLOOO!!! What a steal!)
.55 oz- $22




*~ Have a Beautiful Day! ~* 

No comments:

Post a Comment