Friday, December 18, 2009

Oh The Places You'll Go


"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose"
-Dr. Seuss

As a former Pre-School Teacher (and avid child reader who used to read books in the bathtub), I have read many childrens books over the years.  There are sooo many great books out there, but one gem is by the great Dr. Seuss.

Oh The Places You'll Go is one of my favorite books for children, but especially for adults. I actually don't remember reading this book as a child, but fell in love with it as an "Adult"  (hee hee... I still consider myself a 5 year old in a 27 year old's body).

Although it's a children's book, it really is more for adults.  Children will like the pictures and the rhymes... but if you really read the book, you'll see that it's a book about life that means so much more when you're grown and have actually experienced the ups and downs of life.


I think this makes a wonderful gift to children and adults.  I hope you like it as much as I do!  It really is one of my favorite books.  Dr. Seuss... So Silly, yet So Wise~* 

Click here for the whole book (It's actually pretty long~)

My Favorite part of the book?

You'll get mixed up, of course,
as you already know.
You'll get mixed up
with many strange birds as you go.
So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact
and remember that Life's
a Great Balancing Act.
Just never foget to be dexterous and deft.
And never mix up your right foot with your left.

And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)


So "Congratulations, Today is your day. You're off to great places, You're off and away!"   Now get out there and  *~ Have a Beautiful Day ~*

No comments:

Post a Comment