Saturday, December 12, 2009

Makeup Brushes- "Crown" for a Queen


One of the most asked questions I get as a makeup artist is what kind of makeup brushes to buy.  I'm always a little hesitant to answer.
Brushes DEFINITELY make a big difference in makeup application... However, it's hard to say which brushes are best... and how much is a person willing to spend on a brush?

If you are willing to spend the money, I definitely recommend investing in quality brushes.  With good care, they will last you YEARS.  I still have my first Prescriptives brushes from when I was in high school (the paint is kinda chipping on them... but whatever.. they work... and I don't throw away ANYTHING!)

I have many favorite brushes from different companies, but since I rarely write about budget items (Sorry people... Unfortunately I have really expensive taste... Sucks for me... Good for the economy) I am going to introduce you to one of the best beauty secrets in the biz that you've probably never heard of.


Crown Brush is a family run business that have been making brushes for years.  They are great quality brushes for an AMAZING price.  They actually make brushes for many cosmetic lines (but of course, once they are branded, the prices are jacked up too!)

I was first introduced to this line at the Makeup Show in NY.  I was skeptical at first because the brushes were so cheap... but after doing a little detective work, I found out that the people that know their stuff also use Crown Brushes.  So I bought a few.  And the next day I bought more. and more. and more.  Now I have a huge collection of Crown brushes (some multiples), but I DO use them all the time.

Crown has been manufacturing brushes for over 20 years. Our expert staff is specially trained to help guide you through every brush purchase. Whether you are ordering from our open stock catalog or creating an entire private line; Crown is the leader in quality, price, and customer satisfaction. These are the key principles that have made Crown a leader. We offer the highest quality brushes to the international beauty, nail, and skin care market; at the lowest industry price. When you buy from Crown, you are buying factory direct. 

Most of my brushes are from the Luna Series (especially BK5, BK3, BK9, and ESPECIALLY BK13 for blending).  I think buying the brushes individually are better than the sets... but that's up to you. 

You can't go wrong with Crown Brushes.  They're cheap, reliable, soft, and don't shed.  What more can you ask for in a brush?  So, now you know.  You're welcome.  Now go get yourself some brushes and blend, blend, blend to your heart's desire!

*~ Have a Beautiful Day! ~*

No comments:

Post a Comment