Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Oh... the things we do to be beautiful ....

When I have a brand new hairdo
With my eyelashes all in curl,
I float as the clouds on air do,
I enjoy being a girl!


So these are a few of the things I've done over the years in the name of beauty.  Maybe you'll laugh... Maybe you'll cringe.... Either way, I hope you get some enjoyment out of my misery ~
It ain't easy being fabulous!     ;)

SKIN
* After I make a cup of tea (usually white or green tea), I like to squeeze the water out and wipe the tea bag all over my face/neck/arms.
* Make a mask out of honey/tea bag.  I haven't done this in years... and it kinda hurts....
* Put tea bags into my bath (haha.. can u tell I like tea?!?)
* Rub lemon all over my freckles... yes.. i have freckles.. I hate them.    >=P
* Put toothpaste on "pimples"- it doesn't work (at least for me)... and it kinda stings!
* I bought a mud mask in Korea when I was 12 and used it at home.  My face was red for a week. My dad still talks nags me about it ("Stop putting all that stuff on your face! Remember when you ......." )
* Over the years, I've done everything to get rid of the beauty mark under my nose: scrub, poke with various sharp objects, try to scrape away,  pop.... everything... it's gotten angry and has gotten bigger over the years... =T    (It doesn't know it yet, but I'm going to get it removed professionally!)

* Gotten wrapped in mud, plastic, and a big silver wrap that makes you feel like a human burrito (I actually thought this was awesome!)

HAIR
* I got my hair permed when I was 5 years old (what was my mother thinking?!?!).  They forgot about me and burned my hair.
* Middle School: SUN IN = ORANGE HAIR for years 'cause I thought I was so cool. haha
* Now: ORANGE HAIR w/ Roots because I'm too cheap to get my hair dyed professionally... and I think I'm too cool  ;)
* The 80's "Wave" bang... hairsprayed til it's rock hard!!!
* Put oil in hair, cover in shower cap for 30 min. (This works sometimes, and doesn't at other times)
* Put egg whites in my hair ( I really don't think this does anything...)
* I've slept with various curlers/curling devices/braids in my hair... only to have to take a quick shower before school started 'cause it was a hot hot mess!
* I used a straightening iron on wet hair... the sizzling sound your hair makes is the worst  (Grace: "OMG IRENE!!! Your hair has to be dry!!!!"...)
* My mother did a RUSK straight perm on my hair in high school... I swear I've had the frizziest head of Asian hair ever since!


HAIR REMOVAL
*  The first time I shaved my legs... I literally shaved off a 3 inch long piece of skin... it was one of the most horrific experiences of my life... true story...
* Threaded my "moustache".  Painful, but quick.
* Wax. Everywhere. Ouch.
* I once shaved my "moustache" when I was 6 or 7 'cause it looked cool when my dad did it.  I cut myself...

RANDOM
* I used to do the "I must. I must. I must increase my bust exercise" when I was in middle school. My friends don't believe me but I still swear it worked. haha.
* Slim-Fast.  YUCK!


These are just a few of the many things I have done over the years.  Oh, if you boys only knew what it takes to be a woman!  Oh well... I wouldn't trade being a girl for anything! 


"If a girl looks swell when she meets you, who gives a damn if she's late? Nobody."  
-Holden Caulfield

No comments:

Post a Comment