Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving- What Are You Thankful For?



 God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today.  Have you used one to say "Thank You?"   -William A. Ward

Happy Thanksgiving Day everyone! 

I loooove Thanksgiving. Growing up, it was my favorite holiday because although I was a very picky eater as a child, Turkey Day at my aunt's was AWESOME.  We went all out~ Turkey, Stuffing, Ham, and Yams were my favorite.  Even then, I was all about eating the leftovers late at night!

Another year has come and I am reminded to think about all the things I have in my life~ Here are the things I am thankful for:
* My health (Physical/Mental)- I'm always tired, but overall, I'd say I'm very healthy.  Last year was hell, but I'm lucky to be in a good place in my life and still be able to be a generally happy and optimistic person
* My Family and Friends- I am really blessed to have the people I have in my life.
* A Job (3 to be exact)- At a time when people are getting laid off left and right, I'm really lucky to have work right now.  Even better- I get to work in Fashion and Beauty. I love what I do
* Living in America- Especially after going to Africa this summer, I truly appreciate all that we have in America
* Having a Christian foundation- I think if I didn't have God in my life... my life would be a lot worse. 
* My life- I have been able to experience sooooo many wonderful things in my life. I truly am blessed. I love my life.

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.

- Ralph Waldo Emerson



Are you at a point in your life when nothing seems to be going right and there doesn't seem likes there's much... or anything... to be thankful for?

 One thing my dad said is that you're never guaranteed a tomorrow. If you're alive... you always have a chance to turn things around.  Even if situations can't change, your perspective and the way you approach things can always be changed for the better.
Hopefully, you can find things to be thankful for in your life.  If you can't, search a little harder. It's there.
Happy Thanksgiving~*

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”
- Maria Robinson

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.”
- Albert Einstein



May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!

1 comment:

  1. Love your perspective, Irene! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete