Chanel... the holy grail of fashion. The Fashion House of Fashion Houses. The quilting, the pearls, the chains, the fabrics.... ahhhh... the fabulousness that is CHANEL~*
I recently watched two movies on Chanel... COCO CHANEL- a Lifetime movie starring Shirley MacLaine and Coco Before Chanel starring Audrey Tatou. Both were very interesting to see the background of Coco Chanel ~ to see how Gabrielle became THE Coco Chanel.
I actually found the Lifetime movie to be more interesting to watch, but both movies are enjoyable and made well.
I admire Chanel for many reasons~ She was a woman way ahead of her time. Working in a man's world when women did not work. Choosing to remain single. Wearing pants. Creating dresses without corsets. Simplicity when everyone else was going for excess. A (fashionable) trailblazer that changed the world of fashion.
I can go into a whole mini bio of Chanel... but I'll let YOU do the work if you want to know where she came from (or if you're too lazy... just ask and I'll be happy to tell you!) Instead... I would like to give you some amazing quotes from the wonderful Mademoiselle Chanel. May you learn something from her wisdom.
* "I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little- if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny"
* "Nature gives you the face you have at twenty; it is up to you to merit the face you have at fifty"
* "The best color in the whole world, is the one that looks good on you"
* "There are people who have money and people who are rich"
* "In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"
* "Don't spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door"
* "To achieve great things, we must first dream"
* "Success is often achieved by those who don't know that failure is inevitable"
* "I've never done anything by halves"
* "The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud"
* "Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street. Fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening"