Monday, February 1, 2010

Aqua Globes

 

I have bought so many things from infomercials over the years.  Some of them have been pretty useful, but most have been a complete waste of money.

The newest thing I've bought that they've advertised on t.v. is the Aqua Globes.  I personally don't like the colors and wish they were just clear... but whatever~ it's purpose is to water plants, and it does the job.

Living the gypsy lifestyle, there are many times I don't come home to my apartment for days at a time. 
I do have a roommate... but for some reason, she hates plants.  When I went to Africa for almost a month, I requested that she not kill my plants.  She watered them ONCE while I was gone!!!
Luckily, I'm like the Jesus of plants and I was able to bring them back to life.  ;)

Since I felt bad that there are times when they don't get watered, I decided to try out the Aqua Globes.
I tried them... and I think they're great! No muss... no fuss... no dead plants!
They also come in mini sizes (which I'm going to get for my Orchids)

Aqua Globes are an attractive solution for automatic house-plant watering. The hand blown stained glass globes arefilled with water and inserted into the soil of houseplants dispensing water as the plant needs it. Aqua Globes are a great alternative to the daily chore of watering plants and an excellent choice for automatic watering while on vacation.

1.) Fill Aqua Globe with water
2.) Make a small hole in the soil with a pencil or stick
3.) Insert Aqua Globe into soil. As soil becomes dry, it releases oxygen into the Aqua Globe, which in turn releases the exact amount of water your plant needs.

So if you have house plants and flowers (I think everyone should have some in their homes) and aren't home a lot, forget to water them, over-water them (Guilty...), or are too lazy to water them... the Aqua Globes are perfect for you.

You can buy these at drugstores and online, but I bought them at Bed, Bath, and Beyond since you can get a 20% discount with the coupon. 
And if you think the "work of art" is ugly like I do, just hide it in the back of the plant so you can't see it! ;)



 *~ Have a Beautiful Day! ~*

1 comment:

  1. HAHA! I'm such a sucker for "AS SEEN ON TV" so I would totally get this. Only, I really hate plants. The last time I bought a pot of flowers home, it was infested with worms and bugs ... since then, I really hate plants.

    ReplyDelete