Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Love Is In The Air- My Favorite Romantic Movies

There are people out there that don't believe in love.  I don't really understand those people....
You may not be in love, you may have had your heart broken, but how can you deny that love exists?

If you're not a believer in love... watch these movies!
(Although they may not make u believe.. but they should melt ur cold cold heart a little)  ;)

Umm... it's kind of long... but I didn't want to miss any of these.  Can u tell I'm a romantic?   =)


About A Boy-  This isn't a typical love story, but I love this movie and it deals with different aspects of love.  Highly recommended.  "If there's hope for Will, there's hope for us all"

Amelie- My FAVORITE movie. I fell in love with it from the credits.  This is such an amazing movie- The music, the cinematography, the story.... I love it all.  Amelie is a lonely girl who decides she wants to help people.  A WONDERFUL WONDERFUL movie. 

Can't Hardly Wait- Ethan Embry is sooo adorable in this movie.  Lots of cameos.  Fun bubblegum pop movie.  So good~*

Father of the Bride- The love between a family... especially the father and daughter.  How can you not love Steve Martin and Diane Keaton?

Ghost- A modern classic. Great movie.  Watch it if you haven't yet. Demi Moore before her cougar days ;)

How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days- My FAVORITE romantic comedy.  Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey are great together.  So charming, so funny, so hot!!!  Love it!!!

Love Actually- Another movie that looks at all different aspects of love. Lots of different stories and relationships. 

Moulin Rouge- I actually thought this movie was really weird the first time I saw it... and didn't know what to think. But I watched it a second time soon after and fell in love.  Baz Luhrman is amazing~*
The first part is crazy and comedic, the second half is more of the love story and dramatic.  One of my favorite movies. Simply beautiful. 

Never Been Kissed- I love Drew Barrymore. And she is oh so lovable and cute in this movie.  Michael Vartan is hot.  SUCH a cute movie!!!

The Notebook- This is probably the love story of our generation.  Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling are sooo great together.  Beautifully filmed. 

Notting Hill- I love this movie.  I was able to go to a lot of the places they filmed at in London so it's even more special to me.  Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant bring their A game.  Lovely Lovely film. Simply Brilliant!

Pretty Woman- A modern day Cinderella story... if Cinderella was a prostitute  =T 
Julia Roberts at her best. ***** (5 stars)

(Baz Luhrman's) Romeo and Juliet- I don't care what anyone says... this is my favorite Shakespeare play.  The movie is fantastic.  Baz Lurhman brings the story of the young star-crossed lovers into a whole new world filled with music, colors, and action.  Very exciting. Very sexy (Hellooooo Leo!).  Very engaging.

Sixteen Candles- My favorite John Hughes Rom-Com.  Samantha's Sixteenth Bday sucks.. but gets better eventually!

Splash- I loved this movie growing up... and I don't think I even really understood it.  It's still a great movie.  Love Daryl Hannah as a mermaid.

Titanic- Two of my favorite actors... this is an epic movie.  I've seen it probably over 10 times... and I still don't get tired of it. Sooo beautiful and romantic... except the fact that Kate Winslet hogs the suitcase in the water (She DEFINITELY could have made some room for him... but whatever...)

A Walk To Remember- I loooooove this movie. I actually like the movie better than the book.  It's a great story.  Great music too. 

When Harry Met Sally- Can men and women be friends?  Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal address this question in this great movie.  So funny. So smart.  So cute. And who can forget the diner scene~ "I'll have what she's having!" A must-see modern classic!

10 Things I Hate About You-  Heath Ledger before he became "Heath Ledger".  A great comedy that'll make you reminisce about when you were young.  Great cast.

50 First Dates- Filmed in Hawaii. Drew Barrymore is gorgeous... Such a cute film.  One of my fav's.

So.. These are some of my all-time favorite movies about love in all it's wonderous (and miserable) glory.  If you haven't watched these, I hope you do because they're sooo sooo good!!! 
Enjoy!!!


*~ Have a Beautiful Day! ~*

No comments:

Post a Comment