"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter"
Ok.... So I've been wondering when I got so old...
This Saturday, Crystal and Esther told me that I had a few white hairs! I've found white hairs before and I'll pluck them out... but now I'm getting a lot?!?! WTH? Perhaps I need to RELAX and slow down...
Then I went to the mall and the lady at the Macy's counter says, "What are you... in your early 30's?" WHAAAT?!?!? And she was Asian too!!!
This is the second time in my life that someone thought I was in my 30's.... and I don't like it!
It was nice to look older when I was 16 and sneaking into bars (which have all closed down.... for letting minors drink.. haha), but oooh... I will not be happy with you if you think I'm in my 30's when I'm not.
Dear Macy's Lady, Consider yourself on my $h*t List.... for a day or two...
Another thing that made me feel really old is seeing how fast kids are growing up.
* We have a family friend that we've known since I was two. Little Christine, who I used to babysit every Sunday is now a sophomore in college!!!
* My cousin has two little girls (Who I like to call Double Trouble).
Maddy is the younger one. She's 6 years old and talks about "Frenemies" (A "friend" that's like an enemy... for you old farts that don't know what a frenemy is). She also talks about a boy she likes (and the boys that like her)
Isabelle is 8 years old and said, "Stop Fighting... You guys are talking about really weird stuff" when her father and I were having an intense discussion on global warming. OMG... I remember when I had no idea what adults were talking about (well... that still happens a lot...) and discussions sounded like arguments. And when did I start having intense discussions about Global Warming?!?
My 10 year High School Reunion is coming up (What Up Class of 2000!), I'm getting white hairs, and I'm getting close to my scary age (30)! (O_O)
So what am I realizing now that I'm getting old?* Time FLIES- Enjoy the moment and Carpe Diem!
* Life doesn't happen the way you plan it to be... and that's ok!
* Maybe getting older isn't such a scary thing after all...
* It doesn't matter what other people think about you... To thine own self be true
* Make new friends, but keep the old~ "When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying."
* Follow your dreams! Live a life full of passion and excitement! Don't wait for tomorrow! Take Chances!
For all you youngins out there... Enjoy your youth. You'll be old soon enough.... TRUST ME!
Enjoy the bubble of youth before it's abruptly popped by the harshness of life.
For all you old Fogies... Take your vitamins, Get some exercise, Enjoy each day, and Stay young at heart!
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller
*~ Have a Beautiful Day! ~*