Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Flowers... For Your Face- Guerlain Les Violettes Loose Powder

I haven't been as excited to buy a new product as I was to buy the Guerlain Les Voilettes Loose Powder.
I tried it at someone's house recently and fell in love at first sight (and smell).

This is a luxury product.  It comes in a big gold round case.  The Powder Puff is big and divine (I hate when cosmetics give really cheap and flimsy puffs). The packaging inside can be a little messy... but use carefully (adding to the luxurious experience!) and you'll be fine.


First launched in 1991, Les Voilettes loose powders are miracles of transparency and fineness, especially formulated to matify and improve make-up hold without setting it. Contained in a stylish gilt pot, this loose powder, as light as a feather and as soft as silk, sweeps over the face, illuminating the complexion and leaving a delicious scent of violets in its wake. Delectably light, it blends into the skin to create a perfectly matt and even complexion. Its transparency and evanescence means you can apply it as often as you need to without creating a build-up of powder. This must-have accessory is available in 5 shades to transform all complexions. 

The powder is ultra ultra fine. You only need the slightest bit to mattify your skin and leave your skin looking flawless. You can always add for more coverage, but start with a light hand.
* I like to take the powder puff, dip the edge into the powder and fold the powder puff in half (essentially pressing the powder into the puff).  Then I lightly dust the powder all over to set makeup.

The best part of the powder is the scent.  It smells delicious.... like a violet candy
(C. Howards Purple Violet Mints smell and taste sooo delicious... and are good at getting rid of cigarette breath).


I LOVE putting this on my face as I can smell the powder and sometimes, I can still smell the violet on my face while walking around
(It makes me happy!)    =)
If you don't like flowery smells, you probably won't like the scent.  But I say it is simply divine.

The powder is definitely not cheap, retailing at $55 .  It is pricey, but there is a looot of powder and because you only really need the slightest amount, it will last you for a really long time.

Like I said, it's a luxury product.... but I really feel like it makes you feel different when using a luxury product:  I always feel a little more special, a little more fancy, and a little bit happier when using (and wearing) something of the best quality.  And baby, I think you're worth it!  =)



*~ Have a Beautiful Day! ~*

No comments:

Post a Comment