Monday, September 6, 2010

In My Makeup Bag

I'm always curious to see what products people use: I love seeing what my friends and makeup mentors use in their makeup bags and kits.
So in case you were interested in seeing what goodies I carry around with me, I am about to unveil my own bag of tricks   ;)

Currently, I'm using a silver Bobbi Brown makeup bag that was a gift with purchase.
I usually use my makeup bags for months- a year until it starts falling apart.
Sometimes I change the products, but I usually carry around these items (or ones that are similar in quality/convenience)

Here are the products that I feel are worthy of carrying around with me wherever I go (at least for now):



  • Purell with Aloe Instant Hand Sanitizer: This is a mini size. I'm constantly filling it up because I'm a bit of a germ-o-phobe and I'm always santizing myself and others.  ALWAYS have sanitizer~ there's a lot of gross stuff in this world!
  • Rewetting Drops:  I always have eye drops on me because my contacts get dry.  Currently I'm using Aquify Long-Lasting comfort drops.  I usually buy whatever's on sale
  • Acuvue Oasys Contact Lenses:  I'm almost legally blind (-7.5) so I will never go without having extra contacts on me. I once went on a date with only one contact in my eye.  I learned my lesson~ Never Again.  
  • Stila Smudgepot in Black:  I don't go anywhere without my eyeliner.  I use my mini smudgepot and carry the little Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush. 
  • Lorac Front of the Line Pro in Black: I only recently started loving this.  I used to think it was too flimsy, but now I prefer it to the older version (which was more stiff and like a felt tip pen).  It goes on so smoothly and lasts a loong time 
  • Power Beam Eyes Goodlash Mascara:  I don't know where I got this from, but it's got a curved brush and seems to have fibers on it.  I usually only use it on my bottom lashes: It really accentuates them and stays on really well.
  • Creme de La Mer Moisturizing Cream:  I carry around the mini sample.  I use it on dry patches or when my skin is acting funny.  I also sleep over my friends places a lot and I always need lotion. One of my favorite products EVER. LOVE IT.
  • Neutrogena Sport Face SPF 70:  I just got this as a sample.  I always try to have some kind of SPF product with me
  • Smith's Rosebud Salve:  I use this product on everything.  Dry skin, cuticles/hands, hair, lips.  Anywhere that gets dry~ you can use it.  One of the best multi-use products
  • Josie Maran Argan Oil: I used to carry around the mini bottle of the oil.  It broke so now I carry around the little mini Argan Stick.  It's also a great multi-use product that can be used everywhere
  • Smashbox Camera Ready Concealer- This is a small size that works well.  I use it to cover redness around my nose and on any imperfections
  • Gatsby Oil Clear Sheet:  Plasticky Oil Blotting Sheets from Korea.  Similar to Clean and Clear's.
  • Dental Floss: I am an avid flosser. I have really small teeth and things get stuck. Although I floss after every meal, I still get lots of cavities and root canals =( (probably 'cause I'm a candy addict....) I always use Oral-B Essential Floss.
  • Burts Beeswax Lip Balm: I always have this with me~ It's been a staple for yeeeears. It gives a nice little minty tingle
  • C.O. Bigelow Cinnamint Mentha Lip Shine:  This is a good lip balm when lips are really dry or gives a great shine to your lips.  I don't wear lipstick so this is my gloss.  It leaves your lips tingly and has a yummy cinnaminty taste
  • Chanel Allure Homme Sport:  This is the mini tester spray.  I like wearing guys perfume~ I think my own pH balance adds a feminine twist.  Plus, my Yves Saint Laurent Baby Doll doesn't come in a mini version.  *Side note-  I used to carry around perfume as mace in Europe after I got mugged in Brussels.  My friend used to make fun of me... until we'd be in dodgy areas and she'd ask if I had my perfume.  =P
  • Bobby Pins/Hair Tie- I always usually use a small butterfly clip to hold my hair back, but I always like to be prepared.



Sooooo, those are my essentials that I carry around in my makeup bag. 
I go a lot of places, and my makeup bag goes with me.
I'm like Mary Poppins~ You need it, I got it.
What's in your bag?





*~ Have a Beautiful Day! ~*



No comments:

Post a Comment