Saturday, September 4, 2010

Spray Away: My Favorite Face Mists

Summer is hot hot hot.

One item that I always use year round (but is especially good for warm weather) is a face mist.

* Spray before putting on moisture to add a little more hydration
* Mist throughout the day for a quick and refreshing pick-me-up
* Use when you're skin is feeling a little dry and you don't want to put on a moisturizer
* Works on all skin types: Dry for an instant refresher, Oily for moisture without the heaviness of a lotion
* Great for travel~ especially on planes or places where the air is very dry


Evian Brumisateur Natural Mineral Water:
Famous for their beauty savvy, French women know the secret to good skin - Evian Mineral Water. Evian supplies the vital moisture skin so desperately needs to look soft, supple, healthy, and young looking. Use it with complete confidence to rehydrate and deliver the perfect balance of minerals skin demands. For home or on the go, now you can experience the benefits of the fabulous French spa treatment that women have been enjoying for over 150 years.

At work: Evian's delightful cool mist rehydrates skin suffering from overheated or dry office air. It also revives your makeup throughout the day, and keeps you looking fresh by replenishing that much needed moisture.
At play: A cleansing mist of Evian Mineral Water Spray removes perspiration, harmful salt or chlorine, and instantly soothes and rehydrates sun-burned or wind-chapped skin.

- This was my first introduction to face mists.  I used this in Middle School/High School and went through many bottles.  My friends used to say I was just paying a lot of money to spray water on my face, but I disagree....
- I have moved on to Facial Mists that have more ingredients/scents (just in case my friends were right), but I do think that this is a great Natural Mist for your face that gives you some moisture and is oh so refreshing in the hot hot heat.
- This is best if you like products that are unscented

Retail Price: $10-$17.50


Mario Badescu Facial Spray With Aloe, Herbs, and Rose Water:
A refreshing, hydrating mist to use anywhere anytime. Simply formulated with fragrant Herbal Extracts and Rosewater for a pleasant, pick me up for dehydrated, tight and uncomfortable skin. Spray your day and night creams for a boost of hydration or use it to set make-up or spray on dry hair throughout the day. Safe for all skin types. Gentle, non-irritating.

- This is what I use on my clients.  They are usually delightfully surprised by the smell of roses.  It's a great  refresher that gives light moisture to the skin
- Sometimes when my skin is feeling a little dry but I don't want to put on lotion, I spray my skin with this and it provides just the right amount of light moisture
- The rose smell is at a medium level~ Not too light, Not too strong
Retail Price:  4oz- $7,      8 oz-  $12



Model Co Skin Drink Airbrush Moisturiser:
* These 4 ingredients make SKIN DRINK the ultimate drink for your skin:

GINKO rejuvenating, anti-oxidant, anti-aging
PAPAYA eliminates dead skin cells, revitalizing
GREEN TEA organic, firming, skin smoothing
BAMBOO moisturising, toning, restores elasticity.

- This comes in an aerosol (hairspray-like) can. 
- I used to use this on my clients and they loved the floralish scent and spray, but it was too big to carry around in my kit.
- Scent is strong so I don't recommend for people that don't like scented products

Retail Price: 7.78 oz. -$32


Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray:
Water your skin. Take along a refreshing face spray for showers of thirsty skin relief. Bursting with moisture and active aloe. But not a drop of oil. Rapidly replenishes skin's moisture level, restoring balance. Softens and soothes in a flash.
- This has a nice "lotiony" scent.  It's gives a great mist of moisture.  It's a great basic spray.
- Nice light scent that works for people that like and don't like too much scent.

Retail Price: 4.2 oz. $32





So enjoy the last few days of Summer. It's hot hot hot out, but soon the crisp Fall Air will be in the air. 
Use these sprays to keep you moisturized, cool, and refreshed year round!




*~ Have a Beautiful Day! ~*





No comments:

Post a Comment