Thursday, September 23, 2010

What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted

Love is like a puzzle. 
When you're in love, all the pieces fit
But when your heart gets broken, it takes a while to get everything back together


I've been through my share of break-ups, rejection, and "getting over it".
It doesn't seem to get any easier no matter how much "experience" I gain.
A broken heart (whether it be a small tiny rip or a full-on gut-wrenching "My life is over" feeling) SUCKS.

Here are my attempts to heal a broken heart.

1. Friends
Cash in your friend chips.  Hopefully, you have good friends to lean on. 
I am lucky to have great friends who will listen to my verbal diarrhea (And I usually end up repeating the same things over and over again... so they're REALLY good friends!)
Thanks, girls (and boys who give me the realistic guy's p.o.v.)

2. Drink
Wine is good. Very good.  But I recommend drinking at home so you don't end up being the sloppy embarassing drunk.  Not pretty.
3. Mindless DVD/Television/Movies
- Chick flicks. Makes me more miserable at times... but an enjoyable misery (if that makes sense.....):
Gossip Girl, Grey's Anatomy, Lipstick Jungle, Glee, and Korean Dramas are some of my favorites.
- If you're feeling really dark/angry/moody: Dexter, Nip/Tuck, 6 Feet Under
- Funny: 30 Rock, Arrested Development, Modern Family, How I Met Your Mother

4.  Music
I wouldn't survive without my music.  Sad, Slow, Depressing helps at first... but then makes me too sad.
I switch to Loud Rock, and then Happy Bubblegum Pop. 

5. Pray
Dear Lord, Take me out of this misery.  Now. Please. Hurry. What are you waiting for???

6.  Keep Busy
Meet up with friends (and talk their ears off), Become a work-a-holic, Party Party Party, Work out like you're preparing for a Triathalon~Whatever works...
Indulging in your sadness will only perpetuate it. 
- At least if you're busy, it's easier to take your mind off other things...
or at the very least you'll get a lot done and won't become a big fat lump that's glued to the couch...

7. Go Away
I like to travel.  Sadness feels a lot better when you're on a trip (SOMETIMES!)
I drive a lot when I can't go away.  I hate driving, but it feels good at times to go fast and blast loud music. This is one of those times.

8. Sleep
I try to sleep as much as possible when suffering from heartbreak... but I also suffer from insomnia... so it sucks.  But the more you can sleep, the less time there is to be sad.

9.  Cry
I'm not much of a crier, but it does feel good to let it out.  It's like your soul is taking a shower!
Sometimes I want to cry and I can't... I start thinking about all the sad things that have happened in my life, listen to really depressing sappy break-up songs, and watch sad movies.
A good cry always makes me feel refreshed... or exhausted enough to fall asleep. 
Either way~ I usually feel better!

10. Move On
Obviously, it didn't work out for a reason.
I am a true believer that everything happens for a reason.  You may not understand it, You may not like it... but it happened and you have to deal with it. So deal with it.
Pick up the pieces, Dust Yourself Off, and Move Forward.




A broken heart is one of the worst feelings in the world (or at least in MY world).
I feel too much:  Too much sadness. Too much pain. 
But in the end, I don't lose hope.
I find happiness in the fact that although I feel way too much, at least I know that I have so much pain because I have so much love.
They say time heals all wounds... and I believe it is true. 
Now if only time came .... quicker!



Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world,
which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night.
I miss you like hell.
-Edna St. Vincent Millay




* All Photography by Matt Schwartz at she hit pause studios




*~ Have a Beautiful Day! ~*

2 comments:

  1. Hi Irene,

    I hope things will get better for you, relationships can always tear people apart, there's nothing I can really much say that you haven't heard before. Give it time and it shall heal, now put this energy and time into something awesome that you've always wanted to do =)

    GL
    -Hang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thanks for the words of encouragement, Hang! Much appreciated~*
    Time to focus on friends, family, and MAKEUP =D

    ReplyDelete