Now I liked the idea of cleaning my sinuses, but the video was just too weird for me to want to stick a teapot up my nose!
I started using the Nasal Saline Spray because it was easier to use, quick, and really seemed to make a difference in preventing colds.
I also like it because it's a natural way of preventing sickness/allergies ~ (I AM a Modern Hippie)
Nasal saline spray is a great option for anyone who has congestion and wants to clear out their sinuses without medication. It is easy to use and effective, even if the effects are short-lived. It can be used to moisten the nasal passages or to irrigate the sinuses.
- Easy to use
- Safe for all ages
- Might be uncomfortable for children and infants
- Effects are short-lived
- Nasal saline is available as a spray or as drops.
- It can be used by people of any age.
- It contains no medication, so there is no concern about overdose or interaction with other medications.
I use a Saline Nasal Spray whenever I've been in a dusty/musty area, when I start feeling the symptoms of a cold coming on, and whenever my sinuses are bothering me.
* I actually tend to use my Saline Nasal Spray pretty often (almost every night) and I think it's definitely helped in keeping colds at bay.
I used to get sick ALLLL the time when I was a Pre-School Teacher (Supposedly you're supposed to get an immunity to illnesses as a teacher, but I just became a Children's Germ Factory) and I rarely get sick now.... even with my fairly unhealthy lifestyle: I stress a lot, I don't sleep much, I'm always busy and don't rest much, I eat a lot of junk and eat out a lot, and I don't have time to exercise~ Yet I don't get sick very often!
I use a generic Harmon or Target Saline Spray regularly.
* Gently spray the solution in one nostril and tip your head to the opposite side so it drips out (i.e. Tip your head to the left when the solution is in your Right Nostril and Vice Versa). Repeat on other side
* I like to cup some water in my hands, put right under my nose, and blow to create bubbles. (I guess it's equivalent to gargling water in your mouth??)
* Rinse the top of the Saline Spray with water with the tip facing down (I don't know if that makes a difference, but it makes me feel better)
I know this sounds crazy, but I swear it works!!!
So if you're feeling sick, have allergies, or just want to feel cleaner, pick up some Nasal Saline Spray and see if it works for you!
*~ Have a Beautiful Day! ~*