Saturday, January 2, 2010

Clinique Great Skin Everyday I/II


My first review of the decade will be a from a line that I have used since I was a teenage girl. They have the best free gift with purchases!

Clinique is the first hypo-allergenic, dermatologist-driven line.  When Vogue published the article "Can Great Skin Be Created" in 1967, Estee Lauder's daughter-in-law brought it to her.  A year later, Clinique was created.

Clinique is a great line... especially for people who are no frills- no fuss, like a regimen, and have sensitive skin.
* They test their products for allergic reactions on 600 people, 12 times to make sure there are zero skin reactions. That's pretty hard core!

When I was working at Sephora Times Square, I saw someone pushing a huge cart full of Clinique gift sets.  My good deal radar was buzzing.  I took a look and saw that it was an AWESOME kit.  I asked the price. $25 (at a $55 value!!!). Perfect! I was actually going to review 2 of the products in this set... so I am now able to kill two birds with one stone.

Great Skin Everyday I/II is "a perfect introduction to Clinique's best-selling, best-loved formulas".  It's great to carry around for travel, or if you want to try the products without investing a lot.  Although the products are travel size, they will last you a long time and you'll definitely be able to figure out which products are worth buying full size.

What it does:
This kit features a bevy travel-friendly skincare must-haves. Experience the world-famous, dermatologist-developed 3-Step Skin Care System (Liquid Facial Soap, Clarifying Lotion 2, and Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion); Take The Day Off Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes, and Lips; and Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief. Don't forget All About Eyes, Clinique's number-one eye treatment formula, along with the special Sephora-exclusive Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in Black Honey.

This set contains:
- 1.7 oz Take The Day Off Makeup Remover For Lids, Lashes & Lips
- 1.0 oz Liquid Facial Soap Mild
- 2.0 oz Clarifying Lotion 2
- 1.0 oz Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion
- 0.21 oz All About Eyes
- 1.0 oz Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief
- 0.17 oz Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in Black Honey 

Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion-  I use this moisturizer on all my photo shoots.  It has more of a liquid texture.  It's light and sinks in pretty quickly, but is very moisturizing.  It's simple. No frills. It gets the job done.  It now also comes in a gel formula.

Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief-  I really like this moisturizer.  It's a very light gel formula. I like the texture and think it's also a really good moisturizer.  You can also use this as a moisturizing mask! But just put on a little thicker layer and don't wash off.... then your skin will be super moisturized!

All About Eyes- This is a good, simple eye cream.  I don't know how well it is at getting rid of under-eye circles, puffy eyes and, fine lines.. but I honestly can't tell the difference with any eye cream.  However, if you're skin and under-eye area is dry... this will definitely give you moisture.  Even though I can't tell the difference with eye creams... I still use them...and you should too. haha. Better to be safe, than sorry...

Take the Day Off Makeup Remover-  This is an oil based remover.  Its safe for contact lens wearers and can be used to take off all your makeup.  It gets your makeup off really easily. 

So with all these great items in a perfect travel size at a perfect budget price... how could you resist?!?  Pick them up fast because I don't know how long they'll last (special items at Sephora go fast!)

No comments:

Post a Comment