I'm trying to steer away from putting weird products/chemicals that I can't even pronounce all over my face and body.
That means I've been experimenting with random things in the kitchen to see what works and what doesn't.
When I was in Kenya on a mission trip for two weeks this year, my skin was a MESS! Every night, I would complain to my roommate, "OMG, my face is falling off!"
Normally I have very good skin, but in Kenya, it was a different story.
My face was irritated, dry, tight, sensitive. Even wiping my face with a baby wipe stung my face!
About two weeks before I left for Africa, I had started rubbing lemons on my face at night before moisturizing.
My skin would be bright, shiny, and so fresh and so clean clean!
So I decided to go to the Nakumatt (Nairobi's version of Wal-Mart) and get a lemon.
Every night, I'd cut up a piece of lemon, rub it all over my face, put on some Bio-Therm oil, and the next day my skin would be muuuuch better.
It would still be a mess by the afternoon (I don't know if it was all the dirt, the sunscreen, or the water), but at night and in the morning, my skin would be reminiscent of what it was back home.
* I also convinced my roommate and cousin to try this trick out and they also noticed an improvement.
So, if you want to try a quick, cheap, and natural way of improving your skin, try out the lemon trick!
1. Cut up a fresh lemon into slices or wedges.
- I prefer cutting them up in wedges as I find it easier to handle
2. Take the lemon and rub where necessary, or all over the face and neck.
*** It will sting a lot at first, but you get used to it. If you have very sensitive skin, try just on the top of your cheekbones (where freckles form) and skip this trick if it's too painful***
-For a more diluted version, you can squeeze some lemon juice into an empty spray bottle with water and mist over the face
3. Rub the rest of the lemon on your arms and legs (but make sure to wash it all off before going outside)
4. Rub the remaining lemon juice/peel on elbows, knees, and ankles to exfoliate and get rid of dead skin cells.
I think this Lemon Trick gives an instant facial with immediate results.
When used long term, the lemon lightens and brightens your skin, can dry out imperfections, and helps with discoloration (such as sun spots and freckles)
- I still have freckles (which I hate), but I've definitely noticed that they've gotten lighter.
So go try out my Lemon Trick and let me know what you think.
And I'm warning you, it will hurt a bit... but beauty is pain ;)
*~ Have a Beautiful Day! ~*