" Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today" -James Dean
2009 has been an amazing year. Here is my life the past year. It's long and written more for me... but if you're bored and have a lot of time on your hands, this is my life in a (very big) nutshell. ~*
This is going to be my last makeup review of the year, so let's end it with my favorite product. Eyeliner! Don't be afraid, ladies... Want to look more glamorous in a few seconds? Liquid eyeliner! So simple.. so perfect~*
I had previously written a review of eyeliners before. Since then, I have moved from using the Bobbi Brown daily, to Stila's Smudge Pot. They're both awesome... but once I start using something, I usually stick with it... for a while...
For the days when I'm REALLY rushed ('Cause I'm always rushing around...), I use my Hourglass Calligraphy Liquid Eye Liner in Ebony. The eyeliner is quick drying and lasts all day. Fast. Quick. Beautiful.
* I think the LORAC is great for people who like or are better with slightly flimsy eyeliner brushes. It bends easier and isn't stiff. If you like that kind of brush, then this is great for you.
* Personally, I prefer using firm-tipped eyeliners. It's faster and easier. You can get the same precise line in half the time.
What it is: A moisturizing water- and smudge-proof felt-tip liquid liner that contours and lines the eyes with precision.
What it does: Calligraphy Liquid Eye Liner creates strikingly definitive eyes with a waterproof formula that offers all-day staying power. The line dries quickly to prevent streaks, smears, and transfers.
What else you need to know: Calligraphy Liquid Liner is formulated with Pearl Protein and a botanical blend of Chamomile, Aloe, Rosemary, and Perilla extract to condition and nourish the eyes
What it is formulated WITHOUT: - Sulfates, Synthetic Fragrances, Phthalates
I was recently playing a very intense game of Taboo over the Holidays (Yale was the best: "Insane Clothes" = Straight Jacket, "Navel Dirt" = Belly Button Lint.. haha. Go Team KL. Team Choi stinks), and someone mentioned a guy that had traded One Red Paperclip and ended up with a house! In only 14 trades, he was able to end up with a HOUSE! How crazy is that?!?
Well, I was thoroughly intrigued, and I decided that my cousins and I should all do our own paper clip project. Starting on January 1, 2010, we have a year to take a paperclip and trade as much as we can within a year to end up with the best trade. Whoever has the best trade next year will win a prize from all the cousins (Prize yet to be decided). We can start with any kind of paperclip... as fancy or as simple as you want.
I have a feeling I may be the only one that actually follows through and doesn't forget about this (and if you haven't heard anything about it come July, I probably have forgotten so please remind me!)... but I think it'll be a fun thing to do. I plan to do things the right way.... so although I can probably end up with something awesome (because people love giving me free stuff... ), I'm only going to trade things (instead of getting something for free and giving them my object).
If you like doing fun and pointless things, join me in my paperclip project!
So who's going to be the first one to help me out? What do you want for a little old paperclip full of potential? Let the trades begin!
Experience something creatively exciting. Be influenced by talent around you.
Write, sing, paint, sculpt, take a picture. Reflect on your own creativity.
Find inspiration in the work of others. Stretch your limits. Exercise your craft.
Celebrate the art of makeup- like you mean it."
What do Makeup Artists read to find out which products are in the pro's kits, to get inspired with new looks, and to be introduced to new lines and products? I present to you ON MAKEUP MAGAZINE.
Created by the AMAZING Michael DeVellis (Who created the M.A.C. Pro program!) and founder of The Powder Group, ON MAKEUP MAGAZINE is for all you aspiring makeup artists, people already in the biz, and people who just love fashion and beauty.
My personalized issue of ON MAKEUP MAGAZINE reads
" To Irene- Shhhhhh! -M "
ON MAKEUP MAGAZINE has many beautiful makeup ideas, themes, interviews with prominent Makeup Artists, and much much more. My favorite part of the magazine is the "KIT FOCUS" , where the pros tell you what they use on their clients. I love knowing what other Makeup Pros staples are. It's so much easier than hounding down all the speakers at the Powder Group Events (Sorry James Vincent, Jon Henessy, Daven Mayeda, David Klasfeld, Kevin James Bennett, and Matin!!!) ;)
Here is more about ON MAKEUP Magazine in their own words: On Makeup Magazine is the first-ever magazine dedicated to the craft of the professional makeup artist and based in the beauty capital of the world- New York City!
Published by makeup artist resource and event producers The Powder Group, this distinctive pro-driven, consumer-friendly industry publication will celebrate the art of makeup like no other has before it.
On Makeup Magazine will focus on three things- makeup, makeup artists and makeup artistry- in all their forms. Every makeup artist, beauty industry professional, pro-aware product line, and makeup lover alike will find something for them in this editorially unique new quarterly.
Each issue will provide readers with an insider's look at the people, products, events, friends, techniques and inspiration that make the makeup industry one of the most exciting in the world. Readers can count on each issue providing the widest array of makeup-focused content anywhere.
Welcome to a point of view that encourages both professionals and consumers to open their minds to new ways of thinking about the art of makeup. Welcome to the new global makeup community.
For people that have an amazing beauty product, I highly suggest advertising with ON MAKEUP Magazine. Once you have the professionals introduced to your products, it's only a matter of time before everyone and their mother knows about it.
For those that are interested in beauty, ON MAKEUP MAGAZINE provides you with the best of the best. You should DEFINITELY check out this magazine.
My favorite issue is the Fall 2009. Why? Because my sensei Orlando Santiago has a spread, they have a feature on green eyes/pink lips... and because I'M in the issue!!!!
Yes... If you count down to the 9th person listed... IT'S ME!
"IRENE KIM- Editorial Assistant"
The magazine is available twice a year as Spring and Fall Issues. You can buy the issues individually or in 2 year subscriptions (Totaling 4 issues). Buy now because once January 1, 2010 rolls around, new rates will be in effect!
So hurry up and order your subscription now! Get your ON MAKEUP Magazine... and get your makeup on! ;)
"Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful"
-Norman Vincent Peale
Christmas came so quickly this year! This year has been quite the whirlwind and I've definitely enjoyed and made the most out of 2009, but now that Christmas Eve is here, I'm wondering how we got here so fast.
It seems like it was just Halloween the other day when they started getting the Christmas Season ready (You Corporate People need to cut that out! Christmas season starts after Thanksgiving!!! Stop trying to push it earlier or soon we'll be celebrating Christmas in August!)
"It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air"
* Many people seem to forget what the Holidays are about. Even if you don't celebrate or believe in anything, I hope you are able to have the Spirit of Christmas with you.
It's not about the Decorations. It's not about the Gifts. It's not about the Parties (although I do love me a good party!)
* To me, Christmas is about celebrating the birth of Jesus and what he stood for. Jesus did what he had to do, whether he liked it or not. He was accepting of all people. He was forgiving of all sins. He put others before himself. He wanted to help those that had nothing else. Jesus stood for love. How can you not admire that?
* During the Holiday Season (and hopefully year round... but especially during the Holidays), I hope you can put someone else before you. Be nicer to the cashier that is taking forever. Refrain from honking at the slowpoke in front of you. Take a deep breath when you're waiting on line for 20 minutes and about to scream (Haha... Can you tell I have no patience?). Bite your tongue when that rude person crashes into you without a look back. Help that stranger out. Give an encouraging word to the harried looking person behind the counter. Smile at the miserable person looking at you like you're crazy (or does that just happen to me?)
When I think of my Christmases growing up, there are lots of great memories I have:
* Decorating the Christmas tree (and keeping it up until February. haha.. I loved having a Christmas tree! So festive!)
* Holiday shopping at H.P. Elementary School and O.L.V! My dad would give me some money to buy my mother something nice (and of course a little something for myself, too!)
* Christmas Songs- I loved hearing and singing them growing up~ Now, I kinda want to scream when I hear "Do They Know It's Christmas" and "Feliz Navidad"
* Last day of school before Vacation- The anticipation... The Christmas treats! I especially loved when the class mothers would bring in Latkes with Apple Sauce!!! And you can't forget the Candy Cane dipped into Hot Chocolate so it turns sharp (and I poke the person next to me! So naughty, Irene!)
* Getting Christmas presents from Rita's family marked "to iRENE. Love Santa" (Yes. "Santa" always wrote the "i" in lower case and the rest in capitals... I loved it!)
* Presents under the tree. I never had the patience to wait until Christmas (Surprise, Surprise), so I would always open up a few or rip holes so I could see what I would get!
* Grandpa Gerry's Christmas presents (Grandpa Gerry was my Italian Grandpa. He was my dad's landlord). My favorites from him was a Barbie Ice Cream Shop set and a Huge Tin of Bacio chocolates!
* Christmases at my Aunt's house in Long Island where I got to see my favorite cousin who was away at college. Best part was getting showered with gifts (I was the baby~* So spoiled... I loved it!)
Here are the Holiday Movies I love that remind me of being young and get me into the Holiday Spirit! Edward Scissorhands- I looooooooooove this movie. It was so amazing watching it as a child~ Tim Burton is a genius. Such a beautiful and amazing movie Elf- I don't usually like Will Ferrell movies, but I LOVE this movie. It's hilarious!
"First I went through the seven levels of the Candy Cane Forest. Then I went past the sea of Twirly Swirly Gumdrops. And after that, I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel!"
How the Grinch Stole Christmas- This movie is sooo good! Jim Carrey is the perfect grinch. And how can you not love Cindy Lou Who (Who grows up to be Jenny in "Gossip Girl!") It's a Wonderful Life- I actually didn't watch this movie 'til I was much older... but it's a classic for a reason! A great movie to watch if you've got the Holiday Blues A Christmas Story- They play this on t.v. every year. The shopping mall santa always scared me!
The Family Man- I haven't seen this in a while, but it's a great feel-good movie. And I worked a summer at the school the kids go to! (PCD in Closter) =)
May you all have a wonderful Holiday Season~*
"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night!"
And for all you scrooges out there! BAH HUMBUG to you, too! ;)
"Oh look, yet another Christmas TV special! How touching to have the meaning of Christmas brought to us by cola, fast food, and beer.... Who'd have ever guessed that product consumption, popular entertainment, and spirituality would mix so harmoniously?" -Bill Watterson, Calvin & Hobbes
Thanks to the blizzard, I was able to stay in my apartment all day! It was fabulous~ I had a marathon "Lipstick Jungle" session!
This was a great show~ I remember catching the first 2 episodes when it came out last year... but I was always busy and never got a chance to watch it (Thank God for DVR~ Yes, Linda... You've converted me). I liked the first 2 episodes... but after watching it this weekend, I fell in love with the show and am so so sad that NBC canceled the show.
Lipstick Jungle is based on a Candace Bushnell (of Sex and the City fame) novel. It's a show that has similar characteristics to Sex and the City, but is very different.
Like Sex and the City, the fashion and makeup is fabulous. The dialogue is quick and witty. The female characters are strong and successful women who have very busy love live lives.....(VERY busy!). They're both based in NYC. Like Sex and the City, the heart of the show is about their friendship.
While Sex and the City is more of a comedy with drama mixed in, Lipstick Jungle is more of a dramedy.
Unfortunately, the show was canceled, but you can still catch all 20 episodes on Hulu until September 19, 2010.
The show stars Brooke Shields as Wendy Healy, a high-powered President of a Production company and mother of two. Lindsay Price plays Victory Ford, a Fashion Designer who goes from struggling to successful. Kim Raver is Nico Riley, the successful Editor-in-Chief of Bonfire magazine.
My favorite character is Victory Ford because Lindsay Price was one of the few Asian girls I saw on t.v. growing up, I feel she's the most like me, and she is absolutely glowing on the show (both acting and looks wise).
Here are the characters signature looks and what kind of products you can use to achieve their best features.
Wendy Healy- Wendy has a natural, pretty, and professional look. Her look usually consists of clean skin, Brown eyeshadows, and a lipstick that ranges from Neutral to Neutral with Red/Brown tones.
* Wendy wears very basic colors, but I noticed her lips the most. Her look is the easiest one to achieve. Find a lip color that you like and swipe it on- High Powered Execs don't have lots of time!
* For a more precise and defined look, you can use a Lip Liner and fill in lipstick with a Lip Brush. I prefer to use more neutral lip liners so it looks more natural, but if you use a darker lip liner, make sure the color of the lipstick and liner is very similar.
* Make sure you're lips are moisturized ( I always put on Lip Balm/Lip Conditioner before lipstick).
* Wendy usually has a matte look, but you can add a gloss (M.A.C. Lipglass) on top to really make your lips pop.
Victory Ford- Victory has more of a fun, playful look. She usually has more done up eyes... usually varying degrees of a Smoky eye. Her lips are usually in different ranges of pink. The thing I always notice about Victory is that her skin is dewy and glowing. I don't know what her makeup artist uses to give her that glow... but it is remarkable.
* I would use a cream or gel blush to give the cheeks color with a dewy glow (Tarte Cheek Stain or Josie Maran Cream Blush).
* Victory always has the best highlights around her face. You can use a shimmer powder, highlighting cream, or anything that has shimmer in it to achieve this look (I usually use the M.A.C. Natural Flare, Make Up For Ever Diamond Creme, and lately the Prescriptives Liquid Powder). You can even use a shimmer eyeshadow.
* Take the product and brush or blend on the top of your cheekbone (on an angle below your eyes) and a dab on your nose/between your eyes and right on top of your eyebrows.
[ Tip: If you're not sure how to find the top of your cheekbone, Smile and put on to the highest point where your cheeks come out (Does this make any sense?) ]
* Finish with a dab of a moisturizer, a balm (Decleor being my favorite), or oil (Josie Maran Argan Oil) pressed into the cheeks.
Nico Reilly- Nico is absolutely gorgeous. She has a very clean and natural look. Her skin is flawless and her eyes and lips are usually in various neutral shades. I always notice how her skin looks so great (especially when she's getting hot and heavy with Kirby, her hot young boy toy...which is very often...they're like energizer bunnies...)
* To achieve her flawless skin, you can use a Tinted Moisturizer (Josie Maran being my choice) and little concealer.
* For skin that is photo-shoot ready, I would use an H.D. foundation (Make Up For Ever HD is my fav.)
* Set with a Loose Powder (Make Up For Ever H.D.) for a more natural look, or a Pressed Powder for more of a matte look/oilier skin.
* For the glow that Nico gets from Kirby, use a peach blush (I usually use Josie Maran Cream Blush in Sunset at work) or a stain (Benefit Benetint) for a beautiful flushed glow.
So although this wonderful show was added to the great shows that were cancelled graveyard, you can still look as fabulous as the ladies did! May you have as much fun, friendship, and friskiness (Oh Nico, You naughty girl!) as the ladies of Lipstick Jungle did!
Sometimes you meet people for a certain reason. There was one person in my life who came into my life, brought me lots of fun times, happiness, and then lots of misery. This person was there at a very key point in my life... and although he brought a lot of craziness and stress into my life, I'll always remember him fondly for one thing. Korean Tequila Shots.
For some reason, whenever my friends and I would do shots, 95% of the time it would be shots of Patron Silver. I am not one to turn down a free drink, so of course I would drink it... but I wouldn't really enjoy it. Alcohol tasting Alcohol + Lime + Salt = Yuck. I prefer my drinks to be fruity and delicious. Shots of Patron are neither.
Now I wasn't planning on telling the whole world my Korean Tequila secret...but after a night of tequila shots and Christmas right around the corner, I am feeling generous. To all my Tequila drinking/ Tequila hating readers.... Here is my gift to you. The Korean Tequila Shot.
What You Need:
* Tequila- My go-to is usually Patron, but more recession friendly is Jose Cuervo. With the Korean Tequila Shot, quality liquor is not necessary. I recently tried Milagro and that may actually become my favorite~
* Lemon Wedge- No Lime. Lemon.
* Sugar- Enough sugar to dip a lemon in
* Instant Coffee- Not a lot of Coffee. Just a touch to add with the sugar. If you add equal parts coffee to sugar, it will be bitter.
What To Do:
* Pour yourself (and a friend, hopefully. It's no fun to drink alone!) a shot of tequila of choice
* Grab a lemon wedge and dip into the sugar and coffee (I like to put both on one plate next to each other... but it might be easier to mix it). REMEMBER~ More sugar than coffee!
* Take a shot and slam down the shot glass (for dramatic effect)
* Suck on the lemon with sugar and coffee
* Repeat as necessary
* Take a Zantac if you have an upset stomach the next morning
* Eat really greasy food for breakfast and regret having had too many tequila shots the night before =)
Like I said, I used to hate taking Tequila shots. I am now a convert and I think you will be too. You may not love tequila, but it will definitely be easier next time you have to do a shot!
When you're in a pinch, Lemon + Sugar will do.... but it's just not the same.
For an easier alternative, drink Cafe Patron. Same taste... Less work.
So, may you have many fun nights filled with Lemony Sweet Coffee Goodness.
Eat, DRINK, and be Merry! Happy Holidays everyone!
I Believe that doing the Right Thing can be Glamorous
I Believe in Beauty without the Baggage
As you know, I'm obsessed with the Josie Maran Argan Oil. I love slathering myself in this stuff! It makes your skin soft, dewy, glowy, and takes away the dryness that plagues many of us.
My second favorite Josie Maran Product is their Tinted Moisturizer. Now I never really used to be a fan of Tinted Moisturizer because I don't need foundation, but I recently started using one I got in a set. I'd been using it daily because it gave me color on my pale Fall/Winter face. Then I started working for Josie Maran and discovered theirs. It steps up the game to a whole other level.
* The first time I used this product on someone, I was a little nervous about how well it would work... but the lady looked fabulous and she bought one on the spot.
* My second test was when a woman with Rosacea and EXTREMELY sensitive skin came to me and asked me if this product would work on her. I'm not gonna lie... I was really nervous and thinking I would have to use my makeup skills to cover the redness with concealer. However, all she needed was the tinted moisturizer with a dab of concealer on certain spots.
I was AMAZED. I was sold. I can now sell the Tinted Moisturizer with Confidence!
I like recommending the Tinted Moisturizer to everyone for a few reasons:
1. This product is an All-In-One. It is a moisturizer, SPF, and foundation coverage in one. Great for people who use foundation but don't like the feel.
2. It provides EXCELLENT coverage. It creates a beautiful, natural-looking canvas. It evens out the redness and rudiness many people have. Skin looks clean, natural, and glowing.
3. The product is buildable. You don't need a lot...but you can always add more to make it into more of a foundation. I put on the lightest layer and people are really amazed with how much better their skin looks. If you have really bad problem skin, just add a little more and your skin will look soooo much better!
4. This product contains the Argan Oil so it's more moisturizing than other ones and leaves you with beautiful natural looking skin
5. It is SPF 30, which is higher than others (which are typically SPF 15 and SPF 20)
6. It passed my Rosacea/Sensitive Skin/Oily Skin/ Dry Skin Test. Sold!
7. You can get a tan in a bottle. During the cold months, our faces can get pale and pasty. Buy the next shade up from your natural shade and you'll look like you just came back from vacay... or at least you won't look like you haven't seen sunshine in months~
8. It works on all skin types: Dry/Combo/Oily/Sensitive
9. It's a clean, natural look without a heavy feel~ You don't feel like you're wearing any makeup.
10. Natural, Organic, Recyclable packaging. Love t hat it's "Luxury with a Conscience"~ You only have 1 body and 1 earth... Take care of it (Wow... I sound like such a hippie! Peace Man!)
What it is:
A lightweight tinted moisturizer, sheer foundation, and sunscreen, all in one.
What it does:
Josie Maran Tinted Moisturizer glides on smoothly, leaving you with perfect, even-toned coverage, and a radiant, healthy glow. This moisturizer's powerful SPF 30 protects the skin from sun damage by blocking both UVA and UVB rays, while natural, organic ingredients nourish the skin. The formula includes Josie's signature ingredient, 100% pure organic Argan oil, which replenishes and repairs skin cells.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Synthetic Fragrance
- Synthetic Dye
What else you need to know:
It can be used on all skin types and contains organic pomegrante oil (a protective antioxidant for the skin), grape seed oil (nourishes the skin), and organic papaya extract (rejuvenates the skin)
Retail Price: $38
So try out Josie Maran Tinted Moisturizer and let me know if you love it as much as I do. It gets the "Irene Kim Seal of Approval" so I'm sure you will!
Not nearly as important, but nice to know that it was also featured in the MAY 2009 Elle Magazine ;)
Only available at various Sephora locations in NYC when I'm working. Hee Hee~ J/K!
Click here to pick yours up now.
Meet Frankie~ He's one of the hardest working people I know, my former employer, and someone I've known since I was 8 years old.
I still remember when he walked into Mr. McCloskey's 3rd grade class and was seated next to me. "I don't like this kid..." I immediately thought. Our mom's became good friends and we were forced to spend time with each other.
We grew up together~ Getting into trouble with Rob and Viv when we had tutor sessions, "working" with each other at Infusium Tea, Frankie coming to my parties where he'd show up so late that I'd be passed out!
Growing up, I just thought Frankie was the dumb boy next door (who would run into my glass sliding door and blame it on my mom for keeping her house too clean!). However, one thing that I always admired about Frankie was his work ethic.
Frankie was working when he came out of the womb. While I was busying shopping and hanging out with friends in high school, Frankie was busy fixing cars, DJing, and doing a million other business ventures.
Now that we're "adults", Frankie has been running his own business. A few years ago when I was figuring out what to do with my life, Frankie hired me to be his secretary.
From the first day when I literally almost poked my eye out ("OMG, IRENE! You haven't even started working yet!!! ) to the time when I said, "Frankie... I don't think this is working out" (and he said, "THANK GOD. I didn't want to fire you!"), Frankie was always patient with me.
He was even crazy enough to hire me again before I went to Beauty School ("Irene, All you have to do is answer phones, keep the place clean, and entertain everyone. It's kind of perfect for you~")
Frankie is one of the hardest working, patient, good guys I know. And his hard work is finally starting to pay off! Click here to watch videos about his company Slidewayz Motor Sports and cars: Trailer- This is my favorite one. It's short. Cruise Through NJ - Reminds me of The Fast and The Furious MTV- Awww my boys are getting big! Kevin- The nice one, Junar- The joker (at least to me!)
So, if you are interested in Drifting, Need your car fixed, or Want to play the video game Initial D, you can get all your needs at Slidewayz Motorsports. Or just head on over if you're bored~ It's always a party there ;)
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself any direction you choose"
As a former Pre-School Teacher (and avid child reader who used to read books in the bathtub), I have read many childrens books over the years. There are sooo many great books out there, but one gem is by the great Dr. Seuss.
Oh The Places You'll Go is one of my favorite books for children, but especially for adults. I actually don't remember reading this book as a child, but fell in love with it as an "Adult" (hee hee... I still consider myself a 5 year old in a 27 year old's body).
Although it's a children's book, it really is more for adults. Children will like the pictures and the rhymes... but if you really read the book, you'll see that it's a book about life that means so much more when you're grown and have actually experienced the ups and downs of life.
I think this makes a wonderful gift to children and adults. I hope you like it as much as I do! It really is one of my favorite books. Dr. Seuss... So Silly, yet So Wise~*
Click here for the whole book (It's actually pretty long~)
My Favorite part of the book?
You'll get mixed up, of course,
as you already know.
You'll get mixed up
with many strange birds as you go.
So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact
and remember that Life's
a Great Balancing Act.
Just never foget to be dexterous and deft.
And never mix up your right foot with your left.
And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
So "Congratulations, Today is your day. You're off to great places, You're off and away!" Now get out there and *~ Have a Beautiful Day ~*
I was at Sephora a few weeks ago and I came upon Kevyn Aucoin's line. I'd always seen it around, but I never really got around to checking it out.
I started reading a lot of his books (He is SOOO talented and amazing~ ) so I was excited to check out how his makeup line measured up.
The one product that really caught my eye was The Sensual Skin Enhancer. First of all, the name is pretty fabulous! But you can't judge a products worth just by the name. So I put some on. I was amazed.
The Sensual Skin Enhancer What it is: A versatile enhancer that can be used as an all-over foundation, concealer, or highlighter.
What it does: Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer is formulated to provide maximum coverage to hide imperfections, compliment skintone, and to create a flawless canvas.
"Apply the appropriate shade enhancer lightly under the eye to conceal dark circles or redness. Less is more. A little dab will cover, so don't over do it." –Kevyn Aucoin
First of all- the texture is not a typical concealer. It is a very different texture: It contains honey, so it has a smooth liquid/gel texture to it. It's hard to describe... you just have to experience it for yourself.
It blends very well and gives amazing coverage. You can even use it all over as a foundation.
***USE SPARINGLY*** This concealer is no joke. The TINIEST dab will do wonders. I made the mistake of dipping in and i had to take most of it off. A TEEENY TINY dab is enough. Trust me.
It can be pricey, but this little jar will last you forever.
So if you're looking for an amazing concealer... this is the one for you.
"We shall find peace. We shall hear angels. We shall see the sky sparkling with diamonds."
John Lennon's song "Imagine" is one of my all time favorite songs. I know it can get played out and you may feel like you have heard this song a million times in your life... but it really is such a beautiful song.
Rolling Stone Magazine ranked this song the 3rd greatest song of all time~ and for a reason.
The lyrics are so simple, yet poignant. The melody so simple, yet beautiful
In a 1980 interview with David Sheff for Playboy magazine, Lennon remarks on the message of "Imagine": Sheff: On a new album, you close with "Hard Times Are Over (For a While)". Why? Lennon: It's not a new message: "Give Peace a Chance" — we're not being unreasonable. Just saying "give it a chance." With "Imagine" we're asking, "can you imagine a world without countries or religions?" It's the same message over and over. And it's positive.
~Hmmm.. maybe some people actually do read Playboy for the articles ;) ~
Yoko Ono indicated that the lyrical content of "Imagine" was "just what John believed — that we are all one country, one world, one people. He wanted to get that idea out."
How can you not love a message like that?
Unfortunately.. there are tons of people that are like that. Don't be one of them~*
Here are my favorite versions of this song. Enjoy! John Lennon- The original. The best (in my opinion) Glee- The Glee kids singing along with the deaf choir. It made me cry!! My favorite cover of this song. Connie Talbot- OMG. What a beautiful little girl! SOOO sweet! Jack Johnson- Oh Jackie... I love you~* Eva Cassidy- A little bit of soul Avril Lavigne- A cute, kind of pop version David Choi- I added him 'cause he's pretty funny and known for not smiling
A Perfect Circle- OMG. This is scary! ... not a favorite.. but interesting nonetheless.....
Here are the lyrics:
Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try No people below us
Above us only Sky.
Imagine all the People
Living for Today...
Imagine there's no Countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no Religion too
Imagine all the People
Living Life in Peace...
You may say I'm a Dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope Someday You'll join us
And the World will be as One
Imagine no Possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for Greed or Hunger
A Brotherhood of Man
Imagine all the People
Sharing all the World....
You may say I'm a Dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope Someday You'll join Us
And the World will live as One
"A vacation is like love- Anticipated with pleasure, Experienced with Discomfort, and Remembered with Nostalgia"
It is 30 degrees in NYC!!! That is 50 degrees less than what I would like it to be. I am really good at getting what I want... but alas, I cannot control the weather (although sometimes when I sing "Rain Rain Go Away", it DOES work!)
One thing I CAN do is to slather myself up in different products that remind me of being in Hawaii! I brought these products to Ko Alina (where they filmed "Blue Crush") years ago. It was one of the most amazing trips I've ever been on:
* Morning Yoga on grass overlooking the ocean
* Reading magazines on the beach (while Crystal was in the office working... hee hee.. Sorry Girl! I enjoyed it for the both of us)
* Swimming under a full moon
* Eating some of the most awesome food at Sidewalk Cafe
* Driving around with rainbows everywhere...
When I smell these products, I am instantly transported back to the wonderful week I was in Hawaii. It really is paradise.
You may not have been to Hawaii, but using these products can help you pretend that you're not in the blistering windy, cold, rainy streets of NY/NJ.
Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner- I have been using this conditioner for years. I honestly don't know how great it is at moisturizing (my hair is really frizzy when I don't have a Japanese Straightening/Magic Perm), but you can't beat the smell and the price. It's also organic and free of parabens. For $7, you can be transported to the tropics. I never even used to be a big fan of coconut, but I was converted through this product. Smell it and fall in love
Body Shop Coconut Body Butter- My lovely friend Vivian(ne) gave me my first jar back in college... and it lasted me forever and I brought it with me everywhere I went. It is very moisturizing and smells fantastic. Love it!
True Blue Spa: Tahiti Sweetie and So Aglow- This an amazing smelling line from Bath and Body Works. The smell really transports you to a sunny place far far away (take your pick). They both contain Monoi Oil, which is a very hydrating oil that's an "Island Secret". Tahiti Sweetie is very moisturizing and goes on very easily. So Aglow is a spray-on shimmery oil that gives you beautiful gold shimmer~ It can be used on the body, but I also like to use a dab on the cheeks. It obviously looks better when you have a tan, but it will give you some color when it's the middle of winter. The lotion is great for everyday, the spray is good for going out.
True Blue Spa Shade To Order- This is a Select-a-Shade Self Tanning Body Lotion. You can use it solely as a moisturizer (but why do that?) at Level 7, and it goes to the darkest Rich Color at Level 1 (This is my level! Go Big or Go Home!). I used this during the summer since my face was always lighter than my body (I hope you're using SPF!!!). The best part about this self-tanner is that it doesn't have that weird smell most other products do. It actually smells kind of tropical and is very moisturizing.
Josie Maran Bronzing Argan Oil- This best-selling oil gives a beautiful glow to the skin. You can use it on your body to give you great, natural looking color while giving you super soft skin. I prefer to use this on the cheeks and lightly on the forehead, but you can put it all over. A little goes a long way, and you'll be amazed at how well the color builds with each little drop. You'll have an amazingly gorgeous glow.
Bobbi Brown Beach- I was actually going to keep this as my little secret, but if you're spending the time to read this (Really... Is ANYONE reading my blog or are people just telling me they've read it?!? ), then you deserve to know about all my fabulous discoveries. I LOVE this scent. It REALLY reminds me of summer and the beach... I can't exactly put my finger on what it is.... my closest guess is that it smells like Hawaiian Tropic Sunblock.. but I'm not too sure. Either way, I purchased the Perfume and the Oil. I use the perfume more because I can just spray and go, but the oil is also a good alternative or addition (although I hate that the bottle is not very user-friendly).
Slather yourself in these products, make yourself a Malibu Bay Breeze (My Old Drink of Choice) and blast these summery songs: